Data Privacy (GDPR)
This website is owned and managed by Stiftelsen Kongsberg Jazzfestival. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use our websites, you give us access to information about you. Here you can read what information we collect, how we do it and what we use it for.
What is personal information?
Personal data is information that can be linked to a person, for example name, place of residence, telephone number, e-mail address and IP address. Information about how you use the websites, for example which products or solutions you have looked at, is also considered personal data.
Which rules apply to the handling of personal data?
We and our subcontractors are responsible for the handling of personal data that is collected when using our services, and we follow the Personal Data Act in the processing of personal data.
When you let us pass on personal data to others, they will have independent responsibility for further processing of the data. The same applies to information you exchange with other websites after following links from our websites.
What information do we collect about you?
Information you provide yourself:
- When you register as a user or enter information in (contact) forms.
- Messages you send in, for example to the customer center or people you trade with.
- Reviews and other feedback you provide through the service.
Information we collect about your use of the service
- What technology you use. Whether you are on a laptop, tablet or mobile, which browser you use, IP address, network operator and the like.
- What are you doing. For example, which pages you visit, any advertisements you click on and which advertisements we have shown you.
- Where are you. We register your geographical position based on your IP address or other forms of localization. If you accept location sharing in our apps, your GPS location will be recorded.
The information is stored either in our databases or on the device you use (PC, mobile phone etc.).
Here you can read more about which cookies are used on our website, what they are used for and how you can manage their use yourself.
Information from other sources
We receive information from customers and other third parties that help us analyze the use of the services and improve them. An advertiser can, for example, give us information about what happened after you clicked on an advertisement with us.
What is the information used for?
We are constantly working to give you a customized and good experience of the web service. Here are the most important purposes for which we use personal data:
- Deliver the services you expect from us. For example, we need to have your email address so that others can contact you after you have registered with us.
- Save yourself time and work through, among other things, automatic login and pre-filling of forms.
- Understand market trends and needs through statistics. We analyze data from large groups of users to improve and further develop our service.
- Adapt the service to you and your interests. For example, we can show you ads that are similar to things you've seen and recommend content based on what others have liked. You can also get recommendations and offers based on your address or where you are.
- To target content and advertising, and measure the effect. We want to show content and advertising that is as relevant as possible to you, and we measure how well we hit. Therefore, we use information about you, what you watch and where you are. Our advertisers will be able to see which age groups, gender and places of residence (at municipal level) have seen or clicked on their ads. We do not give them information that identifies you.
- Prevent unwanted or criminal activity. It is very important for us to ensure that use of the service is safe. Therefore, we do what we can to prevent unwanted or criminal activity. We use several types of data to recognize rule violations and fraud attempts, including IP addresses, cookies, advertising and message history. If we discover anything suspicious, we will take over and follow up immediately.
Some services may have special rules. We will then inform you in each individual case.
Especially about marketing in e-mail and SMS
If you have an active customer relationship with us, we can send you marketing by e-mail or with other electronic communication methods in accordance with Section 15 of the Marketing Act. This includes newsletters and other inquiries regarding content, services, offers, campaigns and events from us, our collaborators and partners via e-mail, telephone, SMS, post/letter and social media.
If, on the other hand, you do not have an active customer relationship, we will only send such marketing if you have given us your consent to this. Your personal data can also be used to customize this communication. You can unsubscribe from marketing inquiries easily and free of charge at any time through the unsubscribe function in the e-mails/SMS.
From time to time we may also carry out surveys on behalf of ourselves or our partners. The target group for such surveys can be based on personal data, for example we can direct a survey to people who have bought a particular product.
Is the information shared with others?
Information about you and your use of the services is only shared with any subcontractors on a "need-to-know basis". The information can also be used for analysis purposes and to understand market trends across the services.
Our organization also in some cases shares personal data with other companies, organizations and individuals. This is primarily to be able to provide you with better and safer products and services. Here are the most important examples:
- When others perform services on our behalf This can e.g. be when we use a third party to carry out payment transactions. These companies are not allowed to use this information for anything other than performing services for us.
- For safety reasons. To protect you against unauthorized access to your user account, we may use external security services that are based on personal data.
- If an offense is suspected, the information can be handed over to public authorities on request. We will also be able to hand out information to others if it is necessary to prevent further fraud, or the information is necessary to clarify specific disputes.
Update personal data
It is important that the information we have about you is correct. If you have a user profile on the pages, you can update the information there. Otherwise, you can call one of our customer service representatives for help updating the information.
Settings for user data in apps
You can change the data processing that takes place in our apps at any time in your phone's settings. Here you can switch notifications on and off and enable or disable the sending of GPS data to any location service. This affects the possibilities of receiving personalized services and targeted advertisements.
Deletion of personal data
We do not store personal data for longer and to a greater extent than is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the processing unless it is required by law, for example through the Accounting Act. We have extensive routines for deletion and anonymisation. You can yourself request to have information removed from your user profile. The main rule is that personal data is stored for a maximum of two years. How quickly information is deleted can vary. Here are some important examples:
- As long as your account is active, we will take care of your personal data, advertisements, messages and other information you register.
- If you request that your user profile be deleted, we will remove personal data from your profile and from any services you have used. Due to possible disputes, the personal data will remain in our administrative systems for some time before the data is permanently deleted. There is also a requirement that we must store historical data about the customer relationship in our accounting systems.
We do not wish to collect or otherwise process personal data about children under the age of 16.
You have the right to access the information we have registered about you at all times. You can also demand correction and deletion of personal data in accordance with applicable legislation. Contact us if you want this.
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in Norway it is the Data Protection Authority, in accordance with GDPR article 13 (2) letter d.
- Changes are made to the website, or
- The processing of personal data changes, or
- Revision is considered necessary due to changes in laws or regulations issued pursuant to law.
When you register a user account via our websites, you enter into a user agreement that describes and regulates our company's use of information that is collected. In the event of major changes to the user agreement, you will be asked to read through and accept it again.